If you aren’t aware of the Korean 10 Step skincare routine, you should be! Youthfulness and beauty are ways of life for many Koreans. The Korean 10 Step routine is a series of ten steps for the face that helps achieve the desired youthful look. While this routine hasn’t seemed to gain popularity here in the United States, I think it’s an amazing (and simple) routine to ensure your skin is its naturally beautiful self.
What are the Ten Steps?
1 – Oil Cleanser – Using an oil cleanser helps to remove makeup, any oil based products, and sunscreen from the skin.
- Morning & Night. Apply to dry skin. Rinse off with warm water.
2 – Water Based Cleanser – A water based cleanser helps to remove water based impurities, anything that the oil cleanser might have missed, and wash off any oil left behind from step one.
- Morning & Night. Apply to wet skin. Rinse off with warm water.
3 – Exfoliator – Exfoliating your face helps to unclog pores and scrub off dead skin leaving behind brighter and smooth skin.
- 2-3 Times a week. Gently exfoliate the skin. Focus on areas with larger pores. Rinse off with warm water.
4 – Toner – After cleansing your skin multiple times, your skin is in in a fragile state. Toner helps to prep your skin to better receive the benefits from the steps to follow.
- Morning & Night. Gently apply to skin with cotton pad or hands. This is a leave-on product.
5 – Essence – This is the arguably the most important step to this entire routine. Essences are packed full of ingredients that the skin will love. It will help promote hydration, skin quality, and youthfulness.
- Morning & Night. Gently apply to skin by misting or with cotton pad or hands. This is a leave-on product.
6 – Treatments – This step is not necessary for everyone. Serums, boosters, or ampoule treatments can help provide targeted assistance with areas that one might have issues with. Issues one might want to focus on for this step could include fine lines, discoloration, or acne.
- Morning or Night. Gently apply to as directed by product instructions. This is a leave-on product.
7 – Sheet Mask – Serum soaked sheet masks can provide the final boost to hydration for your skin. Masks also allow for targeting specific concerns for your face through the ingredients you choose.
- 1-2 Times a Week. Smooth onto clean skin. Add any remaining product onto the mask. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
8 – Eye Cream – The skin under and around the eyes in some of the most delicate and sensitive skin on the body. Eye creams allow for targeting specific concerns for your eyes such as puffiness, fine lines, and dark circles.
- Morning or Night. Gently eye cream to area around eyes as directed by product instructions. This is a leave-on product.
9 – Face Cream – Face Creams (moisturizer) is to help lock in the moisture and smooth the appearance of your skin.
- Morning & Night. Gently apply to skin and neck. This is a leave-on Product.
10 – Sun Protection – Using sunscreen can help prevent signs of aging by protecting the skin from the sun’s harmful UV radiation.
- Morning & As Needed Throughout Day. Gently apply to skin. This is a leave-on product.